A Dream of John Ball
- Boos, Florence. "History as Fellowship in Morris's Literary Writings." William Morris Today, 1981.
- Boos, Florence. “Victorian Alternative Futures: ‘Historicism,’ Past and Present, and A Dream of John
Ball,” in History and Community: Essays in Victorian Medievalism, ed. Florence Boos.
New York: Garland Publishing Inc., 1992, 3-37.
- Hilton, Rodney. The Change Beyond the Change: A Dream of John Ball. William Morris Society, 1990.
- Holzman, Michael. "The Encouragement and Warning of History: William Morris's A Dream of John Ball." Socialism and the Literary Artistry of William Morris, eds. Florence Boos and Carole Silver. Columbia, Missouri: U Missouri Press, 1990, 98-116.
- Kegel, Charles H. "William Morris's A Dream of John Ball: A Study in Reactionary Liberalism." Papers of the Michigan Academy of Science, Arts, and Letters: 1954, 40, part 4 (1955), 303-312. (pdf)
- Kocmanova, Jessie. "Two Uses of the Dream-Form as a Means of Confronting the Present with the National Past: William Morris and Svatopluk Cech." Brno Studies in English 2 (1960), 113-48.
- Oberg, Charlotte. Chapter VII, "The Uses of History," A Pagan Prophet: William Morris. Charlottesville: University of Virginia Press, 1978.
- Salmon, Nicholas. "A Reassessment of A Dream of John Ball." JWMS 14.2 (Spring 2001): 29-38 [PDF].
- Salmon, Nicholas. "The Revision of A Dream of John Ball." JWMS 10.2 (Spring 1993): 15-17 [PDF].
- Timo, Helen. "'A Not So Golden Age': The Genesis of Morris's A King's Lesson."JWMS 7.4 (Spring 1988): 16-18 [PDF].
Supplementary Material on "A King's Lesson":
Peteri, Eva. "Morris's 'A King's Lesson': A Hungarian Perspective." Journal of William Morris Studies 18.3 (2009): 48-55.